Gyrocompass detects the ship's heading.
It detects the direction of true north by using a fast-spinning rotor, which is influenced by gravity and rotation of the Earth, and detects ship's heading.
The heading indicated by the gyrocompass is transmitted to receiving devices, including the repeater compass.
The ship's heading is transmitted to repeater compasses and other ship's equipment after the signal format is converted to serial data or to stepper or analog signals depending on what type of format the equipment requires.
The CMZ900 series gyrocompass provides the following three types of gyrocompass system:
- CMZ900B (B2): a standalone gyrocompass for small merchant vessels
- CMZ900S: Using single gyrocompass, it is suitable for general merchant vessels
- CMZ900D: Using dual gyrocompass, it is suitable for general merchant vessels
Autopilot automatically keeps the ship’s heading.
It controls a steering gear of the ship to keep it on course.
Autopilot have a follow-up mechanism as a pilot system, and controls the steering gear.
The actuator that moves the steering gear can be a solenoid valve or a torque motor, and other options. The autopilot controls steering gear in different ways according to the type of actuator.
- PT900: Applicable for all type of steering gear for general merchant vessels.
Electromagnetic log measures ship’s speed and indicates distance traveled.
The electromagnetic log measures speed through water (STW) from the flow of water at the bottom of the ship and calculates the total distance of navigation.
We have two types of sensor: single-axis (fore-to-aft) and dual-axis (fore-to-aft and starboard-to-port).
We have variations of sea valve for each ship’s bottom conditions.
- EML900: High-performance electromagnetic log using a next-generation master indicator.
- EML500: Electromagnetic log for general merchant vessels.
Comply with technical requirements: ISO 20673:2007
This system consists of a transmitter, four types of indicators and three types of dimmers. One transmitter can drive Max eight indicators. Any type of dimmer can be used for any type of indicator.
- RAIS100 Rudder angle indicator