Electronic Warfare Antennas - UWB
Electronic Warfare Antennas – UWB
High specification Ultra Wideband (UWB) Antennas for Electronic Warfare (EW) developed and manufactured in Britain.
Cobham Antenna Systems has developed a portfolio of high power, Ultra Wideband (UWB) Omni and Directional antennas operating within the frequency range 100MHz to 18GHz.
Antennas are being developed in conjunction with radio and HPA manufacturers to meet demanding RF requirements and provide wide area safe zones for personnel. Ultra Wideband Biconical and Multi-stacked Omni arrangements have been developed as well as specific products with high gain for cellular band countermeasures to provide versatile configurations to counter multiple threats.
High fidelity Cavity Backed Spirals are traditionally used for Direction Finding (DF) systems and can be supplied in sets with phase matching or phase and amplitude matching to high specifications.
High Power Planar Spiral antennas provide flat panel directional patterns with circular polarisation, a unique combination of features to meet individual customer requirements.
ULTRA-WIDEBAND OMNI ANTENNAS
- Biconical omnis that are fully efficient, vertically polarised Bandwidths from 3:1 to 30:1 are achievable
- Frequencies from 100MHz to 18GHz
- Ground plane independent
- Vertically polarised
- Elevation HPBW typically 30 to 60 degrees
- Typically 0 to 2dBi gain across the band
- Excellent azimuth patterns
- High power
- Peak gain on horizon across all bands
MULTISTACK OMNI ANTENNAS
Wideband omni antennas can be ‘stacked’ so that several antennas may be designed into a single housing, which provides a single mounting point on any vehicle.
New feed through technology allows multiple antennas to be co-located within the same housing.
- Overlapping frequencies for multiple applications
- High isolation between bands
- 200W per band simultaneously
- Good return loss across all bands
A wide range of directional, ultra-wideband, high power, circular polarised and spiral antennas are available. This range is continually expanding with new developments undertaken to meet customers’ deployment requirements.
- High power (Tested to 150W in some cases but capable of more)
- Highly directional for focussed beams
- Low profile
- High gain (Up to 32dBi)
- Cavity backed spiral antennas
- High power spiral antennas