NAVIGAT 3500 Gyro Compass
NAVIGAT 3500 Gyro Compass
Fiber Optic Gyro Compass Solution
When precision matters, be in position.
Our unique networked fiber optic gyro compass system solution. Maintenance free strap-down technology without moving parts ensures long endurance, with MTBF of 150,000hrs, wherever you are heading.
- High precision heading, rate of turn and heave output
- No moving parts
- Low drift, quick settling time
- Fast start up for flexible operation patterns
- High dynamic accuracy, optimized for dynamic positioning systems & high speed craft
- High reliability for improved operational safety and availability
- Fully integrated into Sperry Marine’s CompassNet Heading Management System
- Scalable system with open platform to integrate existing sensors
- Small size and low weight provide easy and flexible installation options
- Very low total cost of ownership
- Std. 5 year warranty included
- Turn on and go
- Supports sailing in high Latitudes
- Upgrade path to digitalization
Recommended for following vessel segments:
Merchant incl. LNG and Tanker, Passenger, Cruise, Mega Yachts, OSVs, Dredgers, Coast Guard, Research, HSC
High Performance, Low Maintenance
The NAVIGAT 3500 fiber optic gyro compass system is maintenance free (MF) meaning regular maintenance or calibration is not required. It provides very precise heading, roll, pitch, x/y rate and heave information. The fiber optic gyro compass has no moving parts and does not rely on inertial resistance to any movement. Hence, this is the most reliable alternative to the mechanical gyro compass. Because of its intrinsic reliability the NAVIGAT 3500 is the perfect fit for applications requiring high performance heading sensors.
NAVIGAT 3500 CompassNet Specifications
NAVIGAT 3500 Gyro Compass
The NAVIGAT 3500 fiber optic gyro compass model has a clear advantage over spinning mass gyro compass models as it has no moving parts, no maintenance during service life, high dynamic accuracy, no north speed error, a short settling time and output for roll and pitch.
Safety is increased as a result of the high dynamic accuracy associated with the lack of north speed error. This is particularly valuable for high-speed craft at high latitudes during frequent maneuvers.
NAVIGAT 3500 CompassNet specifications:
- Sensor performance:
Heading ≤ 0.23 deg secant latitude RMS
Roll/Pitch angle ≤ 0.1 deg RMS
Rate of Turn ≤ 0.06 deg/ min
Heave 0,1 m or 10% (whichever is higher)
x/y rate ≤ 0.06 deg / min
- High speed follow up system 250°/sec, all axes
- FOG technology with High Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 150,000 hrs and high lifetime
- Power supply: 24 VDC main and back-up
- Common User Interface Device NAVITWIN V to setup entire compass system
- 12 sensor data outputs, configurable to user needs, incl. Printer output functionality
- 8 repeater ports providing serial sensor data and power supply for heading repeaters
- One analogue rate-of-turn output
- One bi-directional INS compliant interface acc. IEC 62924-2
- Fluxgate or serial input for connection of magnetic compass
- 8 serial inputs for GNSS, Speed Log, Rudder Angle, Set Heading
- All required alarm interfaces, serial and dry contact
- DNV-GL and BV MED type approved Heading Sensor (standard and high speed application) and Rate of Turn Indicator System (acc. ISO 8728, 16328, 20672)
Fiber Optic Gyro Compass System
NAVIGAT 2500 Gyro Compass
The highly reliable fiber optic gyro compass (FOG) provides a compact and very cost effective AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System) that offers simplicity of use, reliability and very high accuracy.
Standard NAVIGAT 3500 CompassNet features include the provision of roll and pitch data, x/y/ rates and heave in addition to heading information, with an initial settling time of 5 minutes and fine settling within a maximum of additional 25 minutes. The FOG sensor’s solid state nature is unaffected to speed / latitude error and integrated with CompassNet provides 12 serial interfaces for heading repeaters plus 6 serial interfaces for heading receivers and analogue outputs.
The NAVIGAT 3500 is fully integrated with our redundant CompassNet Heading Management System. The open platform approach, that allows integration of up to four heading sensors, provides the option to integrate legacy products like NAVIGAT 2200, NAVIGAT 3000 or NAVIGAT X MK1 in combination with NAVIGAT 3500. In addition, it is possible to integrate third party heading sensors with standard serial NMEA-0183 interface.
Easy Onboard Installation
The NAVIGAT 3500 is a small size and low weight unit and its standard installation tray provides for easy and flexible onboard installation. Due to the network approach of NAVIGAT 3500 CompassNet, the system installation time can be reduced up to 50% in comparison to legacy configurations or third party systems and in addition saves up to 80% of wiring. Following the full integration approach, the system will be set up through one common User Interface Device, the NAVITWIN V CDU, which reduces the commissioning effort further.