Every target. Every condition. Every time.
Instant detection of small targets in all conditions
VisionMaster SeaGuard is the first commercial radar to instantly detect small targets in all conditions. Based on solid-state technology, it offers the highest levels of precision and resilience to significantly improve your situational awareness.
Standard navigation radars struggle to detect smaller targets at sea. Search and rescue is especially difficult and delays incurred trying to find people lost overboard are incredibly costly and disruptive. Navigating safely amongst many small craft is equally challenging, with their course and speed changing very quickly. Heavy rain and high sea states compound the problem of detecting small targets. Even navigating safely in open waters is difficult in such conditions with reduced detection range.
Its unique multi-beam operation with high resolution, high definition performance and advanced clutter reduction is purposely designed to detect people in the water, small craft in congested seas or potential threats in piracy-prone areas. And operators can choose different user profiles for different scenarios to help improve efficiency further.
The radar’s unique real-time automatic tracking capability provides an instant update on target positions – crucial when small craft are moving and changing course much more rapidly.
VisionMaster SeaGuard successfully detects small targets with a very high probability – even in heavy rain and high sea states – to deliver improvements in operational efficiency and safety that easily justify the additional investment.
- Increased precision
- Increased resilience
- Improved efficiency
- Easy to implement
- High return on investment
VisionMaster SeaGuard detects and tracks small targets with a level of accuracy and precision that standard navigation radars often cannot even see, to significantly improve your safety.
- High resolution – separates targets within a 3-metre cell (vs 15-18 metres for standard navigation radars) to detect multiple small targets approaching instead of a large single one.
- High definition – displays 256 intensity levels (vs 8 for standard navigation radars) to give a much clearer picture; improved detection of water vs black ice on surface-eroded icebergs to reduce risk of damage to vessels.
- Advanced clutter reduction – for detection of small targets even in a high sea state.
- Real-time automatic tracking – instant update of a target’s course and speed (vs up to two minutes’ delay using standard navigation radars).
VisionMaster SeaGuard operates over six frequencies on solid state technology to deliver the highest levels of resilience and situational awareness.
- Very high level of radar return – unique multi-beam operation ensures small targets are detected.
- Detection in heavy rain – system self-organises to automatically switch between the six frequencies, enabling small target detection even in the harshest weather conditions.
- Detection in all sea states – from calm to high seas, through advanced clutter reduction and multi-beam operation.
- Full 360-degree view of targets around the vessel – compared to just a front and side view with standard navigation radars.
- Exceeds all IMO requirements – for navigation radars to detect targets.
VisionMaster SeaGuard automates key tasks that would normally require manual intervention, allowing operators to focus on other duties to improve your operational efficiency.
- Real-time, automatic tracking – enables operators to navigate using the latest target data available.
- Pre-defined operating scenarios – flexible choice of 16 user profiles including: navigation at 24 miles; navigation at 12 miles with heavy rain; helicopter tracking; man overboard; plus the ability to create customised user profiles.
Easy to implement
VisionMaster SeaGuard is quick and simple to deploy within existing Integrated Bridge Systems.
- Flexible installation – alongside navigational radar systems from Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine or other vendors.
- Familiar VisionMaster interface – minimises operator training for existing users of the VisionMaster product range.
High return on investment
VisionMaster SeaGuard delivers significant safety and operational efficiency improvements that easily justify the capital investment.
- Superior performance – very high level of detection, while standard navigation radars perform poorly in the first two miles where there is a lot of sea clutter.
- Reduced vessel delays and operational costs – significant fuel savings during search and rescue operations by covering a larger area with the same resources.
- Search and rescue – increase your chances of detecting people in the water to significantly reduce delays and costs.
- Heavily trafficked seas – navigate more safely in waters with lots of small craft.
- Piracy detection – reduce the risk of potentially life-threatening situations with real-time automatic tracking of small, fast-moving craft to give more time to request assistance
- Port surveillance – monitor smugglers and small craft exceeding speed limits or entering prohibited areas with real-time automatic tracking to improve efficiency.
- Critical infrastructure monitoring – safeguard against potential threats to power plants, wind farms, oil rigs, naval and ferry ports.
- Helicopter detection – guide pilots to land on board in emergency medical situations or during bad weather.
- Drone detection – protect privacy against drones taking video footage.